Saturday, November 21, 2009

Training for Kilimanjaro Climb

So for my part of my vacation this year I am
going to climb the highest peak in Africa.
Yes that's is right I am going to climb
Kilimanjaro in December. The peak stands
at 5892 metres (19,331 ft). We will start our
ascent on the 16th of December and summit
the early morning of the 21st. Thats the plan
atleast. So it is 25 days from now and I am
trying to train as much as possible. I will be
sure to update you on the trip just before I
leave and after obviously. Assuming i make
it back alive. Below are some pics I got off of
the internet of Kili.




2 comments:

  1. Wow!! The pictures of K are IMPRESSIVE. The height is IMPRESSIVE. The fact that you are going to climb it is IMPRESSIVE. I'm glad that you are living at 2000 meters, rather than sea level, to train. Hope it's glorious!

    Love, Aunt Marge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zach,

    I came accross your weblog as I will be climbing Kili in January 2010. I hope you will be posting your experiences, so I might learn from it. I am keeping track of my preparations on my own blog (http://leo-kili.blogspot.com/) which is in Dutch though, but maybe you can understand a little as you may speak Afrikaans.

    Good luck!

    Leo

    ReplyDelete